Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Peruvian, Medialunas, Karaoke, and Admision Permanente!!!!

The three of us, sporting our Paraguayan
Admisiones Permanente!
          I have certainly been blessed to make some wonderful friends and been blessed to have the opportunities to get out, and learn more about Paraguay! This Friday I had a fantastic time going out to eat at a Peruvian restaurant that was incredibly delicious! Then we popped over for medialunas, croissants that believe it or not actually taste like, but better than, Krespy Kremes! Finally we ended the night with Karaoke Paraguayan Style!!!! It has been such a blessing to be able to get out and take a break while seeing more of the Paraguayan culture!

        

Yet more exciting.... I officially have an ADMISION PERMANENTE!!!!!!!!! This is more or less the equivalent of a Paraguayan green card! No longer do I have to worry about a visa, or leaving the country every 90 days, instead Paraguay now officially trusts me enough to allow me to come and go as I want!!!! It has taken since July to get this card and get all of my paperwork through the process. I am so incredibly thankful for Hebert, a co worker at ACA who was the paperwork expert who helped us navigate everything! He is truly impressive and a wonderful! All I had to do to was follow him around, sign on the line several times, wait in lines (for a few hours ; ) and smile (actually NOT) for a picture! If you notice, my card in the picture is conveniently held far away from camera so that you don’t see the “almost laughing smirk, because I can’t smile” expression on my face!
Next Stop, Cedula!



On the way to pick up our cards!!! Finally! (Nate and Cassie
 (a couple that also teaches at ACA, and Cassie's sister Molly
 on the right)
Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for a good end to our school year as it is coming up soon! (June 24th)
- Please pray for us to have plenty of wonderful people apply to fill the open positions for next year! (Also if you know anyone who may be interested in teaching here, you can send them to www.acaknights.org or have them contact me!)

Firsts:
- First time eating at a Peruvian Restaurant!

- First time eating medialunas! I am hooked!
- First time doing going to a Paraguayan Karaoke!
- First time getting my ADMISION PERMANENTE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment