Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A week of joy, in the midst of the end

My award poster that my students
made for me!!!
        This week has been such a huge blessing in so many ways! The little things that can bring so much joy often come in the unexpected ways! We are ending the year with firsts, lasts, and hope of what is yet to come.

         Art Club for the younger students is now over for the year and we finished our recycled animals and they also decided to make a poster for all of the teachers thanking them for the year! The students were so creative and have really grown so much! Tomorrow we will have our last meeting for the older art club and finish the pillows that they are making! They have worked so hard and for many of them it is their first sewing experience! They are embroidering the pillows with a wonderful design of their creation! (They and I are so excited for next year!)

Art Club with their poster!!!!

         Blessings and joy also came from all of the support and love from my friends and students on my birthday! From the sweet notes and surprise party that my co-teacher and students planned, to my first time riding and then driving a motorcycle (I am so Paraguayan!), fun with the best ice cream in Paraguay, and a wonderful girls’ night to end it well! It was the perfect boost and surge to finish it off.






Prayer Requests:

Soy de Paraguay! This was the crazy
paraguayan motorcycle that had different
parts not working(including the hand brake)!

- Please pray for a good end to our school year as it is coming up soon! (June 24th)

- Please pray for the board as they are working on making important decisions about this next year!


Firsts:
- First time having school on my birthday!!!!

- First time riding a motorcycle (1 lap) and then driving it for 9 laps!!!
- First time planning decorations for a winter wonderland ladies tea! (The women of my church picked the them! : )



No comments:

Post a Comment