Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Times of Peace, When All Else Seems to Change



The Body of Christ and each
of the parts that my students
think that they are!




Math whiteboards with decimals
and fractions that the students
worked to put into order from
least to greatest!
If I am to state one major difference between teaching nationally and internationally is the vast amount of change that occurs. As we come to the end of my first year, I cannot even begin to make note of all of the changes that I have seen. Changes in me, changes in my students, changes in Paraguay, and changes in my school have all taken place. These changes have occurred and in many ways I have been reminded of how the Lord has plans for all of us. Just like watching Bailey (the daughter of a fellow teacher) grow from a few months to now a year old, so things have developed and progressed in the plan for our lives here at ACA.

My 5th Graders skyping with Chris, my
twin brother as a medical expert! They
loved it! And had fantastic questions! 
The greatest thing is that I have also been blessed with an incredible peace! I have been reading Crazy Love and about the thoughts of “Justified Stress” and sometimes how we can be inclined to think that the stress we take on is justified. Yet if we look to Phil. 4:4 “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!” How can be stressed! One of the best things that has kept me looking to the Lord is the little blessings that He has showered throughout my days!

Tectonic Plate Lab Experiment!



Firsts:
- First time having my brother Skype my 5th grade class as a expert medical reference!!!!!
- First time having one of my students ask, “So if you have a tumor in your brain does that mean you would be smarter since you have a bigger brain?” It was definitely my favorite question that my students asked. With most of the other questions, my students were thinking so deeply and making incredible connections!



Crackers and pudding are definitely
similar to tectonic plates and magna!


No comments:

Post a Comment