Sunday, October 3, 2010

Off to camp we go!

        I have been very busy getting ready for this week of camp! That is why this post is coming early and is short. I promise to write and tell all about our time once I return. But for now I will tell you that my day off was a much needed rest for all of us! I ventured into downtown taking my roommate on the adventure and we bought three little flowers that now grace one of our balconies along with my hammock. The weather has been perfect the last week with temperatures in the 60s to 70s and a nice breeze throughout the day. I have so much enjoyed swinging in my hammock on this balcony in the morning as I have my morning devotions.


Well I must be off as our time sprung forward yesterday and I need my rest for the week ahead!


Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for camp! Pray for protection for everyone during this time, that opportunities will arise to help my students grow in their relationship with Christ, and that everything will go smoothly!

Firsts:
- First time seeing a stuffed animal that was a combination of a giraffe, cow, and moose.

- First time walking past a loose phone line/or electrical line laying in a puddle of water on the side walk today. It was right by a construction crew and no one seemed too concerned. I thought about crossing the street to avoid it, but crossing the street is far more dangerous at that spot and time!
- First time knowing more about the current news of international fútbol (a.k.a. soccer), than American football! (Truly, what is going on?) Those of you who are Steelers fans would be proud to know that I have all of my students capable of correctly answering what the best football team is!
- First time planning and directing a camp in PARAGUAY!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exciting week ahead of you!
    BTW, the Steelers are 3-1, without Big Ben. He returned to practicing with the team this week. They have a by week, and then will play the Browns. It has been an exciting season so far! Due to injuries and Big Ben's suspension, they were down to their 4th string quarterback (Batch). But he did a great job, as well as the other players.

    Have fun with your kids, you are in my prayers every day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Tracy! Go Steelers! I am glad they have been doing well with out big Ben. It is great that they are not dependent on him. Recently the weather has been perfect fall weather here (even though it is spring). It has made me a little homesick to be sitting under a blanket on a cold stadium bench watching the game. Yet the normal heat has come and the temperature is skyrocketing!

    ReplyDelete