Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Camp has come and gone!


Camp went wonderfully! The students had a blast and really enjoyed the break from the classroom. From the pool to water games, soccer tournaments, volleyball, crafts, and chapels the students were able to learn and grow together! We did have some surprises and a few challenges, but the Lord is good and we were able to flex and adapt through the challenges. Thank the Lord also for Summer’s Best Two Weeks as I was able to integrate a lot of the wonderful memories and experiences from that camp into this one. For instance at the end of the trip as we were loading onto the bus we discovered that the last group on the bus had a great party and had vomit all over the back of the bus. So as the drivers to the bus away for an hour to clean, we taught them almost 2 dozen songs with motions as we waited in the side walk for the bus to return! Most of these songs the students had already learned from our morning exercise time and of course the students can’t stop singing these songs! I also started the meal greetings with the clapping, singing and jumping around. I was the head captain of …. The red team ( sound familiar (Go ROMANS!))! I may have taken the competition and excitement of the team competitions to the next level as you can see in the pictures! We definitely adapted several of the Roman cheers to match the red and some of my Roman gear and crafts (necklaces and headbands) also were included this year! Go RED!!!!! (We haven’t officially found out who won….. but I am nearly positive the best red team came out on top!!!!!).


My crafts and games that I organized also went well and the students have plenty of picture frames and friendship bracelets. I wish that I had time to tell you all the stories and great memories, but that would take hours and will have to wait until I see you next.


Thank you so much for all of your prayers!

Prayer Requests:
- Parent-Teacher conferences are this Friday! Please pray that they go smoothly, that the needed information is conveyed and in the best manner. We will be using translators and sometimes this can present a hard challenge in allowing good communication in a potentially challenging situation.
-Please continue to pray for the regular prayer requests.


 
Firsts:
- First time really seeing the stars in Paraguay! The country is beautiful as is the air! I was able to breathe clearly without the intense pollution that is in the city.


- First time leading a camp for my classroom students! It was different to carry our relationship and interaction to a different setting, but also so wonderful to see them in a more casual situation and to get to know them all better.

- First time having my bread show mold! I have been trying to get this bread to show mold since school started (July!!!) and this is the first time any mold has appeared on the bread despite our best efforts to provide the perfect environment for mold to grow. It turned into quite the science experiment. GO PRESERVATIVES!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what was in those popsicles? As I looked through the photos, I have never seen such blue faces and fingers, tongues yes, fingers no.
    Looks like a great time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete