Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Long, but Good Week!

        This last week have been long, but good. For the first time I was able to get out of the city and start to see more of the country! In many ways it reminds me of the other Latin American countries, yet it also has some of its own beauty that makes it unique. If you click on my slide show and click on some of the bottom pictures you can see more of what I say and hear more about my trip!
        I have a new roomate! Finally the 3rd grade teacher was able to arrive safely. Kristen is adjusting well and settling into her routine and Paraguay. The third grade class is finally with their 3rd and last teacher this year so far. Please pray for her as she works to adjust and get settled.
       My students and class are doing well. I can't believe that were are almost at the end of the first quarter! Time truly does fly when you are loving what you do!

Firsts:
- First time outside of Asuncion to see Paraguay! I went to Itagua and Aregua two nearby towns know for their Nanduti ( like lace) and ceramics.




- First time seeing a man fill a plastic bag with gasoline, jump on the back of a motorcycle and ride away with the driver smoking the whole time!


- First time seeing the flowering bush know as “Miranotoca”, which means Lookdon’ttouch. The bush has beautiful flowers, but also thorns that are hidden under the leaves.




Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for Kristen, the new third grade teacher!
- Please pray for the sickness that has been going around for the students and the staff!
- Please pray for wisdom with my students, what to do, and what to say.

1 comment:

  1. I have some teachers here at the elementary that are interested in connecting with other classes in other countries. Would you be interested in being one of those classrooms? Do you have access to the internet at school for your students?
    Email me and let me know!

    ReplyDelete