Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Full Week Ahead!

            I have a full week, but a good week ahead of me! Tomorrow I have a college student coming to observe my science class for 4th grade as well as art club for the older students! On Thursday, I will be leading the chapel for my elementary students, and then leading a Skype call to GCC admissions to discuss GCC and the admissions process there. Also on Thursday my new roommate in my apartment will be arriving at 10:30PM. Friday also holds several other commitments. Then with all of the students being absent and traveling and other usual weekly challenges these are sure to just add to the business of the week.


           We have been having a wonderful time studying about organisms, what make things living, and so much more! We have been working with microscopes, acid experiments, and have been working on computer research projects. In math we have been practicing our multiplication and addition skills and are learning how to apply them to decimals! We have been able to do some great centers and practical application activities.


Firsts:
- First time riding on a bus in Paraguay that was deemed too full to take anyone else on. This was 2 people after me, who were literally hanging off the bus behind me. There were about 5 people and me in the standard US personal space bubble.
Prayer Requests:


- Please pray for the safe arrival of my new roommate. She will be the 3rd grade teacher and will be jumping in to observe on Friday and starting to teach on Monday! Also please prayer that my roommate and I will be able to quickly find a routine that works well for the two of us. It will certainly be different after living in the apartment for 7 weeks and now switching. For her she will be jumping in so quickly and will certainly feel a little left behind as most of us already have our routines down.
- Please pray for the students!
- Please pray the chapel and Skype call/conference goes well this Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment