Thursday, September 1, 2011

Master’s Class Take Three!

Our internet has been having problems in our apartments so I apologize that this was written and ready for Tuesday, but did not post!

All right, day 1 down in my third master’s class and in a couple of hours I will be off to my second night. Sorry if this blog post is a little short, but with full-time school (6:40am- 3:00pm) and then master’s class M-F (6-9pm) and Sat. (8-1pm) for two weeks things are definitely crazy. Still in all the craziness, I feel so blessed with this class. I am currently taking “Teaching English as a Second Language”. Out of the three classes I truly think that I will enjoy this class the most. The teacher has had a lot of experience in the area, as a student, elementary teacher, parent, and master’s level professor. She seems to have really thought through the material, and the assignments seem applicable and clear. It is such reliefs after the last few classes have been a little all over the place and crazy. This teacher has recently moved to Paraguay with her family and I hope that she will teach more classes to come!


Here are some pictures from some of the class activities that we have done this week!


Prayer Requests:
1. Please pray for strength, endurance and wisdom while I take my master's class
2. Please pray for the sicknesses that have been going around the school!
3. Praise the Lord we have a new junior high teacher! She should be coming soon!
4. Praise the Lord, several of our teachers and staff are expecting! Please pray for a smooth pregnacy and for the new replacements that need to be found as some are leaving and others will take a leave of absence.

Firsts:
1. First time hearing that the Nina, Pinta, and the Santa Maria are "the famous sisters" and that Leif Erikson "was the fastest man on earth". One of my students put this on a social studies test for my co-teacher! He did admit that he didn't study and hadn't done the homework. : )  

No comments:

Post a Comment