Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How many licks does it take to get the center of a Paraguayan Lollypop? 1106

Looking for homes and things we miss
everyday!
My crazy whirlwind of a two week class, has come and gone, and I must say that this was by far my favorite master’s class so far! It was all about Secondary Language Acquisition; and I found it to be exciting, challenging, and applicable. It was truly great to be able to learn more strategies and methods to provide better instruction for my students. As well the class helped me to better understand the process and necessary foundations. In fact, I am starting to think more about further study in Bilingual Education. Praise the Lord for this blessing!
Examing nature and the making
connections to the biogeochemical
cycles!

During the midst of my master’s class, when I was not working on my 4th and 5th grade work, I have been working on some of my responsibilities as the chair of the Safety, Health, and Nutrition committee (for our ACSI accreditation). I have been busy setting up new emergency evacuation procedures, folders, protocols, etc. Our school has been under code for years in all of these areas, and it is definitely taking a while to get things back together. We already have one fire drill down and another one this week. Thankfully we are working hard to improve and provide a better and safer environment for our students.


Fresh cut flowers that some of my students
brought in for me!
 (including orchids and
hibiscus)
The Joy of the Lord. During this crazy and busy time it has been the joy from the peace of the Lord that has given me the strength and support that I need. This joy is such a blessing and it is great to see it in my children as well. You also can’t help but smile from the innocence and joy in my students with their comments, actions, and determination. For instance, the Tootsie Roll Pop sales movement about “How many likes does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?” came up in a discussion and I mentioned it to my students. What happens next, but one of my 5th graders licks a Paraguayan lollypop 1106 times to get to the center!

Licks to center: 1106

No comments:

Post a Comment