Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Strength: Confia en el Senor, de todo corazon, y no en su propia inteligencia...(Proverbs 3:5-6)

My fourth graders doing a Bible skit to
 show the consquences of sin!
        This semester is flying by faster and faster! We are quickly approaching half way through this second semester! This last weekend was both a great time with friends and productive! Always a great combination! On Friday afternoon, ACA joined in our first head to head competition with Faith Christian School in soccer. Both our girls and boys team play a wonderful game and did our school proud. While we did not win either of the games, we did learn a lot and turned out a good performance in our new uniforms! It was wonderful to see the support of parents, students, and teachers at the game gaining more school spirit! Even Bailey, our youngest fan at 10 months old, sported a very cute ACA onesie!

         On Saturday I went for my usual grocery run with the added bonus of a 10+ block workout as we carry all of our groceries back. It also keeps you in check with buying just the right amount! This warm up was followed by an “Insanity” workout with my workout heroine/friend Stacy. Insane only begins to describe the workout (though you do feel great an hour later). I went in the evening to my new friends from England apartment and had a great time getting to know them better! Sunday was church in the morning, always a blessing, and then our weekly game of volleyball at night! In between the above I was able to plan and get all my work done for the next two weeks of classes as I have started a master’s class that will be in the evenings for these two weeks. Oh, and I was fighting off a cold! Isn’t the Lord incredible! He truly provides the strength you need!
I guess I just have to take classes from
schools whose color is crimson!
          Things are definitely busy as we are one week away from the Parade of Nations and I am just diving into a new master’s class! Though the strength the Lord has blessed me with this last weekend will continue to bless me in these weeks ahead!


Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for this cold to end quickly and for all of the sicknesses going around in all of Paraguay to also end quickly! Especially please pray for those people who have caught Dengue Fever. You can catch it from mosquitoes and it can be deadly.
- Please pray for the students and teachers as we prepare for the Parade of Nations. Hopefully this will continue to be a wonderful opportunity to share international missions and God’s heart for the lost with our school! (my classes have been thriving in our Bible lessons preparing for this week. They are loving learning about what to pray for the other nations (Russia and India) and we are also learning about the other religions in these countries. Our classes are having incredible discussions that are truly blessing me and the students!)
- Please pray for my master’s class. I am taking it with 3 other ACA teachers. It certainly makes for a long day with 3 hours of night class each day after teaching in the morning!

Firsts:
- First time having my students beg to come back early from their lunch/recess to work on a science project in my classroom. Doesn’t It just warm a teacher’s heart to the core!

- First time taking a master’s class! Yesterday I started my first day of my first master’s class! I am taking the graduate courses offered by the University of Alabama for Elementary Education masters degree! My first class is in Social Studies.
- First time eating an English cooked bread and pudding here in Paraguay! While I have had bread and pudding before, it certainly tasted good coming from some new English teachers at the British school here in Paraguay. It is wonderful to be blest with even more friends abroad.

My students hard at work on the science project
that they chose OVER their lunch/recess time!

1 comment: