Thursday, August 4, 2011

GRATEFULNESS

        This last week one of the main concepts that we focused on in class was gratefulness. Ironically during this last week I have challenged to be grateful in everything. Isn’t it great how the teacher always learns with the students and often learns even more through teaching something? With the start of the new semester I definitely have blessed in many ways:
       o I get to have my students for the second time in a row (my 4th graders -> 5th graders)
       o I get to teach the same subjects as last year (yahoo for already have gone through it once)
       o I have a student teacher (well sort of, technically he is the other 4th and 5th grade teacher’s
         officially, but is student teaching all of 5th grade so he is in my classes for ½ the day)
       o Accreditation Committee leader for Safety, Health and Nutrition (half expected, yet it didn’t
          appear to be this much work initially)
       o I have a great new roommate!


And I also have some unexpected blessings:
       o Camp Director (I will be the camp director for our week long elementary overnight camp)
       o Co- PTA teacher coordinator for elementary
       o Two brand new students to the school (both with little English, and two others that have been
          here 1 semester and also have a little bit of English)


       I thank the Lord for His incredible power that he blesses us with to be able to shine His light around us. While at times it is easy to focus on everything that is going on and everything that needs to be done, I thank the Lord for His incredible blessings and am grateful for his plans ahead. Thank you all for your prayers! I know that the Lord has planned great things ahead!

Prayer Requests:
- please see above
 
Firsts:
- First time helping my mentee teacher open her classroom door twice in the last few days! But to her credit, the lock has been freezing in the last few really cold days!

- First time being a co-PTA coordinator
- First time being a camp director for our week long elementary camp

No comments:

Post a Comment